|Virginia House of Delegates District 37|
|2006 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||College of William and Mary|
|Master's||Virginia Tech, 1996|
|Date of birth||05/06/1969|
|Place of birth||Fairfax, VA|
Bulova currently works as a Senior Planner for AMEC Earth & Environmental Incorporated. He has also been Division Director and Environmental Planner for the Northern Virginia Regional Commission.
He sits on the board of the Center for Watershed Protection, Brain Injury Services, Incorporated, and is co-chair of Middleridge National Night Out.
Bulova earned his B.A. in government from the College of William and Mary in 1991 and his M.P.A. from Virginia Tech in 1996.
In the 2012-2013 session, Bulova served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Bulova served on the following committees:
- General Laws
- Housing Subcommittee
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Higher Education and Arts Subcommittee
Bulova's re-election campaign website lists his positions on a number of issues, including:
- Transportation - "In addition to new construction, we must adequately maintain our existing infrastructure. The current funding formula not only under-funds maintenance, it is also unfair to Northern Virginia."
- Energy - "I successfully passed HB 1994 to increase Virginia’s renewable energy goal to 15% by the year 2025. This legislation, and others like it, will protect consumers in the long-run from volatile energy prices caused by our reliance on fossil fuels."
- Illegal immigration - "I have consistently supported common-sense measures to strengthen penalties against businesses that knowingly violate our immigration laws and to ensure that our State agencies are sharing information on immigration status."
Bulova's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. He did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- HB 1993 Highway maintenance funds; requirements for Commonwealth Transportation Board in allocating.
- HB 1995 Northern Virginia Transportation Authority; adds Cities of Alexandria, etc., to use % of revenues.
- HB 2406 School records; may be received as evidence in cases involving custody of students, etc. 
Bulova is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 37. Bulova ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Bulova won re-election to District 37 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and defeated Brian Schoeneman (R) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 37 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||David Bulova Incumbent||59.6%||7,021|
In 2009, Bulova was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Christopher Declaro and Anna Choi in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 37 (2009)|
|David Bulova (D)||12,209|
|Christopher Decarlo (I)||4,471|
|Anna Choi (I)||1,245|
In 2011, Bulova received $304,889 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Bulova's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia House Democratic Caucus||$12,000|
|Ajdwoskin & Associates||$9,250|
|Realtorspolitical Action Cmte||$7,328|
|Rice, Edward H||$7,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$304,889|
|Total Votes received in 2011||7,021|
|Cost of each vote received||$43.43|
The top 5 donors to Bulova's 2009 campaign:
|Suzann W. Matthews||$5,000|
|Northern Virginia Realtors||$5,000|
|Virginia Beer Wholesalers Assoc||$3,250|
|Virginia Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
Bulova and his wife, Gretchen, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Bulova + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delegate David Bulova official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Bulova
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Delegate Bulova Facebook profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Bulova
- David Bulova Issues
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Bulova Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 37
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |