|Arkansas House of Representatives District 80|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||School Administrator (retired)|
Cook is a retired school administrator and Vietnam veteran.
On February 17, 2010, Cook announced he would be running for U.S. Congress.
Cook did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- Education Committee, Arkansas House
- Public Retirement and Social Security Programs Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Subcommittee on Claims Review
- Subcommittee on Game and Fish/State Police
- Subcommittee on Higher Education
- Subcommittee on K-12, Vocational-Technical Institutions (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Legislative, Military and Veterans Affairs
Cook's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1908 - AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR AN INTERIM SUTDY CONCERNING VIRTUAL SCHOOLS IN ARKANSAS.
- HB 1970 - "AN ACT CONCERNING PUBLIC SCHOOL CHOICE FOR ARKANSAS STUDENTS."
- HB 2144 - "AMENDING THE PREREQUISITES FOR HOME SCHOOLING."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Cook was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Cook raised $20,700 for his campaign.
Below are Cook's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$3,000|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. David Cook
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
|Arkansas House District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|