|Iowa House of Representatives District 14|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Willow Community High School|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
Dawson earned Bachelor's degrees in Sociology and Psychology from Iowa State University and his J.D. from UCLA.. His professional experience includes owning and operating his own law firm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dawson served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Human Resources|
|• Public Safety|
Dawson's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"my number one priority will be to implement policies that will encourage job creation in iowa."
- Excerpt:"I want to improve educational quality for all children and ensure students stay connected to schools and achieve their full potential."
- Excerpt:"I will work to improve health insurance quality and reduce health insurance costs so health care is more accessible and affordable for all workers and their children."
- Excerpt:"I will work to balance the state budget and prevent tax increases on working families and small businesses."
Dawson ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 14. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Greg Grupp in the November 6, 2012 general election. Incumbent Josh Byrnes ran in District 51 due to redistricting.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 14, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Dawson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Dawson raised a total of $308,474 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|David Dawson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 14||$103,048|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 1||$205,426|
|Grand Total Raised||$308,474|
2012Dawson won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dawson raised a total of $103,048.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Dawson's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$53,382|
|Afscme Iowa Council 61||$16,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$5,000|
|Iowa Association for Justice||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 234||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$103,048|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Dawson and his wife, Liza, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Dawson + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Dawson's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- David Dawson on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
Josh Byrnes (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |