David Earl Williams III
|David Earl Williams, III|
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 18, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Williams' campaign website lists the following issues:
- General Welfare/Civil Liberties
- Excerpt: "Mr. Williams is pro life; however, he does believe that any funding from the federal level should be stopped, and that the abortion issue should be decided on the state level. He also supports marriage equality, while respecting the choice of private institutions."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Although foreign aid is given in good intentions, taxpayers nationwide end up funding wealthy bureaucrats or an overseas terrorist organization. We aid countries that are hostile towards the U.S., who use this money against us."
- Excerpt: "Mr. Williams is against illegal immigration; however, he does believe in giving immigrants who contribute through their labor a path to citizenship by means of a work visa program. The illegals who do not contribute will be cut off from welfare and deported."
- Excerpt: "ObamaCare has had and will have only negative effects on America, which is why Mr. Williams is strongly against it. He instead believes that the free market should be allowed to be involved in both providing healthcare and making the decision of driving down the cost of care."
- Excerpt: "It is no secret that the quality of American education has decreased exponentially over the years. The main culprit happens to be the Department of Education. In order for the education of our children to improve, we need to take out government meddling, and instead focus on giving control back to the local level, therefore increasing the influence of parents and teachers on education."
Williams ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 9th District. He was defeated by Susanne Atanus in the Republican primary on March 18, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 9 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Earl Williams III||47.6%||14,148|
|Source: Illinois State Board of Elections|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Williams's reports.
|David Earl Williams (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0.00||$1,500.89||$(1,500.89)||$0.00|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$977.62||$(977.62)||$0.00|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$1,465||$(1,465)||$0|
|Pre-Primary||March 3, 2014||$0||$38,861||$(19,727)||$19,133|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2014||$19,133||$10,500||$(28,740)||$892|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Earl + Williams + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Email submission to Ballotpedia by campaign, January 13, 2013
- Illinois Election Division, "David Earl Williams, III," accessed December 2, 2013
- Associated Press, "Primary Election 2014," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Federal Election Commission, "David Earl Williams 2014 Summary reports," Accessed November 6, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly" accessed July 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission," October Quarterly," accessed November 6, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 26, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pre-Primary," accessed June 23, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed June 23, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |