David Edwards (California)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly District 1|
Edwards's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The California 1st Assembly District is all of the Sierra Mountain Range from Lake Tahoe north providing a substantial amount of the water used through out the state."
- Excerpt: "We need to control our money locally. We need financial institutions that reinvest locally rather than feed the New York Banks. We need a cooperatively run state bank for investors who are the people of California, similar to the Bank of North Dakota. "
- Excerpt: "We need local meaningful work. We have so much to do. We need to support and stimulate local; local food production,local energy production, efficiency retrofits on our homes and businesses, health care and wellness, sound forestry practices and watershed management."
In a May 2012 interview, Edwards highlighted local self-sufficiency as a theme for his campaign.
- Self-Sufficient Communities
- Edwards said that communities can find ways to provide for themselves and employ people locally. As a member of the state Assembly, Edwards would find ways to craft state policy to allow for more independent communities.
- Klamath River dams
- Edwards expressed support for getting rid of most of the dams in the Sierra Nevadas, saying that dams do not serve local interests and cause massive ecological problems.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Edwards + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.