Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 45|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||United States Air Force Academy, 1996|
|Master's||Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, 1998|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||8|
|Date of birth||08/15/1974|
|Place of birth||Frankfurt, Germany|
Prior to his election to the House, Englin served as an Officer in the United States Air Force from 1996-2004, and a cadet from 1992-1996. He earned his B.S. in history from the United States Air Force Academy in 1996 and his M.P.P. from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University in 1998.
- Subcommittee #1
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #2
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee
- Natural Resources Subcommittee
- HB 1624 Code of student conduct; bullying, harassment, etc., for Bd. of Ed. to include in model policy.
- HB 1692 Indoor Clean Air Act; prohibits smoking in all indoor restaurants and bar and lounge areas in State.
- HB 2373 Birth control prescriptions; pharmacist who refuses to fill ensure patient treated nonjudgmentally.
Englin is running for re-election to the District 45 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Englin was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Vicki Vasques in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 45 (2009)|
|David Englin (D)||16,452|
|Vicki Vasques (R)||10,410|
On his official website Englin outlines his agenda:
- Build an Economy that Works for Everyone
- Quality, Affordable Health Care
- Strengthen Public Education
- Stand Up for the Rights of All Virginians
- Fight for Northern Virginia
"My top priorities are strengthening public education, reducing the cost of health care, making housing more affordable, defending the rights of all Virginians, and addressing the unique needs of Northern Virginia, including transportation and securing clean air and clean water. I have laid out an agenda for progressive tax reform that will make our tax system more fair and give us the resources we need to make these critical investments in the future."
Delegate Englin on school funding
The top 5 donors to Englin's 2009 campaign:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$26,043|
|Richard J. Bell||$10,000|
|Jennifer L. Walker||$10,000|
|Richard J. Bell||$8,500|
|Robert Henry Dugger III||$5,000|
Englin and his wife, Shayna, have one child.
- Delegate David Englin official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Englin
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- Delegate Englin profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |