|Mississippi House of Representatives District 36|
|1993 - January 13, 2013 (Death)|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Birthday||May 28, 1936|
Gibbs was a loan broker and consultant. He had worked as a business development officer and a food inspector.
Gibbs attended Faulkner University, Kentucky State University, and Mississippi State University.
He was a member of the American Legion, American Red Cross, Clay County Business and Professional Association, Heroine of Jerico, Kiwanis Club, Masons, and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Gibbs served on the following committees:
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Gibbs was appointed to the following committees:
- County Affairs (Chair)
- Conservation and Water Resources
- Interstate Cooperation
- Military Affairs
On November 8, 2011, Gibbs won re-election to District 36 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He defeated Jimmy Davidson in the primary on August 2, 2011. Gibbs was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 36 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|David Gibbs Incumbent||65.5%||4,501|
On November 6, 2007, Gibbs was re-elected in District 36. He ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 36 (2007)|
|David Gibbs (D)||6,093||100.0%|
In 2011, Gibbs received $9,000 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Gibbs's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$2,000|
|MHA Political Action Unreadable Cmte||$1,000|
|Bobby Moak DBA Bobby PAC||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$9,000|
|Total Votes received in 2011||6,437|
|Cost of each vote received||$1.4|
In 2007, Gibbs collected $12,857 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi House Democratic Leadership||$1,000|
|Mississippi Malt Beverage Association||$600|
|Mississippi Independent Pharmacies Association||$500|
Post Office Box 1018
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
5587 George Walker Road
West Point, MS 39773
Phone: 662-494-6559 662-494-6559 (Home)
- Mississippi House Member Page
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- The Republic, "Bryant sets March 12 special election for Gibbs' successor in Miss. House, with runoff April 2," January 28, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Gibbs
- Associated Press, "Mississippi Primary Election Results," accessed August 3, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 36
| Succeeded by|
Karl Gibbs (D)
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |