|U.S. House, Illinois, District 13|
|Bachelor's||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|M.D.||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.S. in Mathematics
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Medical School
- Emergency Room Physician 
Gill is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 13th District. Gill won the March 20, 2012 Democratic primary in a tight race with Matthew Goetten.  The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011. He now faces incumbent Tim Johnson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
On April 5, 2012 Timothy V. Johnson announced his plans to retire. He will not run for re-election in the general election. Republican party chairmen from the 14 counties in the 13th congressional district will select Johnson's replacement to run against Gill (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
On his campaign website Gill has 14 leading issues that he is concerned about. They are: 
- "Standing up to cuts and protecting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid"
- "Refocusing our priorities on American jobs and innovation in business"
- "Working tirelessly to bring good-paying jobs to Illinois through sustainable energy policy"
- "Strengthening and extending Medicare to all American citizens"
- "Preserving collective bargaining rights for public and private sector working people"
- "Advocating for an equitable justice system and protecting equal rights for all Americans"
- "Providing for our future through fully funded schools and universities"
- "Making sure our troops have what they need while they serve and that they are housed, working, and have access to quality health care when they return home"
- "Helping to preserve Illinois’ family farms through fair trade and sustainable energy policies"
- "Supporting term limits for all elected federal office-holders"
- "Fighting corporate welfare and institutionalized corruption in our political system"
- "Supporting women's health issues and options, David Gill is the only pro-choice candidate in the race for IL-13"
- "Opposing unilateral military interventions and investing that money in America instead"
- "Supporting Second Amendment rights"
- Gill and his second wife, Elaine live with their blended family of six children in Bloomington. 
- ↑ ABC News 7 "Election Results Primary 2012" Accessed March 20, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dr. Gill for Congress 2012 "About Dr. Gill" Accessed January 14, 2012
- ↑ The News-Gazette "Gill will run again; another Dem may enter race in 13th" Accessed December 6, 2011
- ↑ News Gazette "Updated: Gill apparent winner over Goetten," March 21, 2012
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 WJBC "Kinzinger: ‘Not happy’ with Johnson’s retirement" Accessed April 21, 2012
- ↑ Gill for Congress "Issues Summary" Accessed December 30, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |