Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania State House District 98|
|2003 - Present|
|November, 30 2012|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Elizabethtown College, 1983|
Hickernell earned his BS from Elizabethtown College in 1983. He has worked in the following positions: Legislative Assistant for the Pennsylvania House Republican Caucus, Executive Director of the Majority Whip's Office of the Pennsylvania State House, Executive Assistant to the Majority Appropriations Chair of the Pennsylvania House, and Clerk of Courts for Lancaster County.
Hickernell joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2003. He has served in that position since, representing the 98th District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hickernell has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hickernell served on these committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Hickernell is running in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 98. Hickernell ran unopposed in the primary on April 24, 2012, and is running unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Hickernell won re-election to the 98th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 98|
|David Hickernell (R)||15,756||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 98|
|David S. Hickernell (R)||19,117||68.6%|
|Daniel Stephenson (D)||8,738||31.4%|
In 2010, Hickernell received $26,416 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Hickernell's campaign in 2010|
|Pennsylvania Society Of Anesthesiologists||$1,500|
|Lancaster County Association Of Realators||$1,500|
|Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$26,416|
Hickernell and his wife, Karen, have one child.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. David Hickernell
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 26, 2012
- ↑ 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- ↑ Official 2008 state house election results from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 donations
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 98
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |