For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
David Jordan (Mississippi)
|Mississippi State Senate District 24|
|1993 - Present|
|January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||22|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Date of birth||04/03/1934|
|Place of birth||Leflore County, MS|
Jordan was a Councilman on the Greenwood City Council. He then joined the Mississippi State Senate in 1993. He has served in that position since, representing the 24th district.
Jordan is a retired Science Teacher.
Jordan attended both the University of Wyoming and Mississippi Valley State University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Jordan has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Education Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Forestry Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Investigate State Offices Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Labor Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Municipalities Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Tourism Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Jordan is running for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 24. He defeated Earl Blackmon in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates ran in the Democratic primary. Rogrick Wardell is running for election as an Independent. The general election takes place on November 8, 2011. 
|Mississippi State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||David Jordan Incumbent||77.2%||9,675|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 24 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|David Jordan Incumbent||58.6%||5,714|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
David Jordan raised $16,400 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 24|
|David Jordan (D)||7,968||72.6%|
|Larry Neal (R)||3,001||27.4%|
In 2009 David Jordan collected $2,800 in donations. 
His contributor in 2009 was:
Jordan has a wife, Christine.
Post Office Box 1018, Room 405 A
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 8173
Greenwood, MS 38930
Phone: 662-453-2246 662-453-2246 662-453-2246 (Business)
Phone: 662-453-5361 (Home)
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|