For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Michigan House of Representatives District 11|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|High school||Crestwood High School (2004)|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Dearborn (2012)|
|Date of birth||August 13, 1986|
|Place of birth||Dearborn Heights, Michigan|
Knezek's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We can’t succeed as a state unless every Michigan student has access to a world-class education. That means providing our teachers and support staff with the necessary resources to instruct and teach our students the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century economy."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll work to repeal the pension tax and ensure that their service and dedication to this state is rewarded, not punished."
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll fight to bring an immediate end to the corporate cronyism that drastically undercuts the potential for serious job creation."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll work with local and state police and fire officials to create a temporary Michigan Public Safety Task Force to investigate the funding challenges that our police and fire heroes face every day and offer comprehensive solutions to this challenge."
- Excerpt:"Being able to enjoy these natural treasures is the birthright of every person born in Michigan. I will fight to make sure that future generations of Michiganders will be able to enjoy these opportunities, just as I have."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knezek served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy|
Knezek won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 11. He defeated Dorothy Webb Grady, Bill Kaledas and Cody Bailey in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Kathleen Kopczyk (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Knezek Incumbent||71.8%||27,626|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Dorothy Webb Grady||20.4%||1,549|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Knezek + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Knezek on Facebook
- Follow Knezek on Twitter
David Nathan (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |