|Michigan House of Representatives District 11|
|January 1, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|High school||Crestwood High School (2004)|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Dearborn (2012)|
|Birthday||August 13, 1986|
|Place of birth||Dearborn Heights, Michigan|
Knezek's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We can’t succeed as a state unless every Michigan student has access to a world-class education. That means providing our teachers and support staff with the necessary resources to instruct and teach our students the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century economy."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll work to repeal the pension tax and ensure that their service and dedication to this state is rewarded, not punished."
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll fight to bring an immediate end to the corporate cronyism that drastically undercuts the potential for serious job creation."
- Excerpt:"As State Representative, I’ll work with local and state police and fire officials to create a temporary Michigan Public Safety Task Force to investigate the funding challenges that our police and fire heroes face every day and offer comprehensive solutions to this challenge."
- Excerpt:"Being able to enjoy these natural treasures is the birthright of every person born in Michigan. I will fight to make sure that future generations of Michiganders will be able to enjoy these opportunities, just as I have."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knezek served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy|
Knezek won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 11. He defeated Dorothy Webb Grady, Bill Kaledas and Cody Bailey in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Kathleen Kopczyk (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Knezek Incumbent||71.8%||27,626|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Dorothy Webb Grady||20.4%||1,549|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Knezek + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Knezek on Facebook
- Follow Knezek on Twitter
David Nathan (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |