|New York State Assembly District 135|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Koon's professional experiences include industrial engineer and manager of new production for Bausch and Lomb and senior engineer for the Kelly Springfield Tire Company.
Koon earned a B.S. from Fairmont State College. He and his wife, Suzanne, have two children; Jason and Jennifer (deceased).
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Koon ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He was defeated by challenger Mark Johns (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
On November 4, 2008, Koon won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 135, defeating opponent David Bonacchi (R).
Koon raised $134,818 for his campaign while Bonacchi raised $55,831.
|New York State Assembly, District 135 2008|
|David Koon (D)||40,467|
|David Bonacchi (R)||27,169|
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Libraries and Education Technology Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Small Business Committee, New York Assembly
- New York Assembly - Rep. David Koon
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 135
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |