|Illinois State Senate District 58|
|1995 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||St. Louis University (1962)|
|Master's||Southern Illinois University (1970)|
|Date of birth||November 8, 1940|
|Place of birth||Lively Grove, Illinois|
Luechtefeld is a retired coach and teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Luechtefeld has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Luechtefeld served on these committees:
- Consumer Protection Ranking Republican Member
- Executive Appointments Ranking Republican Member
- Higher Education .
Luechtefeld's campaign website lists the following issues:
- "Sound economic policies that attract new jobs"
- "Incentives for existing business owners to keep their firms in Illinois and expand job opportunities"
- "Common-sense budget reforms that cut wasteful spending while maintaining core services and respecting the contributions of critical front-line workers"
- "Significant ethics reforms to clean up state government and remove the stain of Blagojevich-era policies"
- "The prevention of job crushing taxes"
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Luechtefeld is running for re-election to the Illinois State Senate in District 58 in the 2012 election. Luechtefeld was unopposed in the Republican primary on March 20, and faces Michael J. Bigler in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 58 (2010)|
|David Luechtefeld (R)||43,719||62.28%|
|Jeremy Randal Walker (D)||26,480||37.72%|
The election took place on November 2, 2010. Luechtefeld ran unopposed in the Republican primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 58 (2006)|
|David Luechtefeld (D)||53,481|
In 2010, Luechtefeld received $424,083 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Illinois State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Luechtefeld's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Republican Party||$31,248|
|Illinois Education Association||$28,688|
|Republican State Senate Campaign Cmte Of Illinois||$23,824|
|The Market Place||$7,150|
|Total Raised in 2010||$424,083|
In 2006, Luechtefeld collected $219,567 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$6,000|
|Harrisonville Telephone Co.||$5,000|
|Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois||$3,500|
|Tom D. Adams J. D. & Associates LTD||$3,000|
|Veolia Es Technical Solutions||$3,000|
|Illinois Independent Telephone Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$2,000|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$2,000|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$1,650|
|Luhr Bros Inc.||$1,650|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Luechtefeld + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Luechtefeld represents Illinois Senate District 58. District 58 includes South Central Illinois.
David is married to Florence Luechtefeld. They have four children and reside in Okawville, Illinois.
- Sen. Luechtefeld's website
- Campaign Website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Luechtefeld on State Surge
- David Luechtefeld on Facebook
- David Luechtefeld on Twitter
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- David Luechtefeld, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Illinois Senate Republican Leader Christine Radogno and Five State Senators," March 13, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, 2012 General Election Candidate List, retrieved August 4, 2012.
- WSIL TV, "Senator Jones and Senator Luetchefeld Face Off for New District 58," August 18, 2011
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- Luechtefeld Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 58
| Succeeded by|