|Illinois State Senate District 58|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2013
Luechtefeld is a retired coach and teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Luechtefeld has been appointed to these committees:
- Committee of the Whole, Illinois Senate
- Education Committee, Illinois State Senate, Ranking Minority Member
- Executive Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Executive Appointments Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Higher Education Committee, Illinois State Senate
- Redistricting Committee, Illinois State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Luechtefeld served on these committees:
- Consumer Protection Ranking Republican Member
- Executive Appointments Ranking Republican Member
- Higher Education .
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 58 (2010)|
|David Luechtefeld (R)||43,719||62.28%|
|Jeremy Randal Walker (D)||26,480||37.72%|
The election took place on November 2, 2010. Luechtefeld ran unopposed in the Republican primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 58 (2006)|
|David Luechtefeld (D)||53,481|
In 2006, Luechtefeld collected $219,567 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$6,000|
|Harrisonville Telephone Co.||$5,000|
|Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Illinois||$3,500|
|Tom D. Adams J. D. & Associates LTD||$3,000|
|Veolia Es Technical Solutions||$3,000|
|Illinois Independent Telephone Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$2,000|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$2,000|
|Illinois Merchants Association||$2,000|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$1,650|
|Luhr Bros Inc.||$1,650|
Luechtefeld represents Illinois Senate District 58. District 58 includes South Central Illinois.
David is married to Florence Luechtefeld. They have four children and reside in Okawville, Illinois.
- Sen. Luechtefeld's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- Sen. Luechtefeld on State Surge
- David Luechtefeld on Facebook
- David Luechtefeld on Twitter
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Luechtefeld Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of * Commerce Committee, Illinois State Senate, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 58
| Succeeded by|