|Oregon State Senate District 29|
|Elections and appointments|
|County Attorney, Pondera County, Montana|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon, 1964|
|J.D.||University of Montana, 1967|
|Birthday||August 6, 1941|
|Place of birth||Pendleton, OR|
Nelson has worked as a wheat farmer. He is currently an attorney.
Nelson attended the University of California at Berkeley. He then earned his BA in Political Science from the University of Oregon in 1964. He went on to receive his JD from the University of Montana in 1967.
- Joint Legislative Audits and Information Management and Technology Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Legislative Counsel
- Joint Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Emergency Board Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Nelson did not run for re-election in 2012.
In 2008, Nelson collected $87,114 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|OREGON SOFT DRINK ASSOCIATION||$3,000|
|CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE GRAND RONDE||$2,500|
|OREGON BANKERS ASSOCIATION||$2,500|
Nelson and his wife Alice have three children.
- Profile from the Oregon Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1996
|Oregon State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
Bill Hansell (R)