|Virginia House of Delegates District 7|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
|Profession||Economic Development Coordinator|
Prior to his election to the House, Nutter served as Chair for the Montgomery County Bush for President Campaign (1999-2000) and as press secretary for Congressman Connie Mack (1982-1985).
He has also worked for the United States Department of Agriculture Agricultural Marketing Service, and the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
Nutter's official website lists his positions on a number of issues. These include strongly supporting career and technical education programs, increasing worker training, adding new funding and more rigor to Career and Technical Education programs, limiting the power of government to take private property for public purposes, and reducing waste by ending failed government programs and finding ways to make government more efficient.
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #4
- Subcommittee #1
- Militia, Police and Public Safety
- Subcommittee #1
- Science and Technology
- HB 2142 Statewide Healthcare Workforce Authority; created, report.
- HB 2144 Concealed handgun permit applications; access to personal information.
- HB 2149 Higher Education, Council of; task force to plan to expand teacher preparation.
- HB 2368 Income tax, state and Retail Sales and Use Tax; credit, etc. for certain telecommunication provider.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Delegate Nutter re-election commercial
On November 3, 2009, Nutter was elected to the 7th District Seat in the Virginia House of Delegates, defeating Peggy H Frank (D).
Nutter raised $228,268 for his campaign, while Frank raised $160,761. 
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 7 (2009)|
|David Nutter (R)||9,808||60.1%|
The top 5 donors to Nutter's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Republican Party||$38,606|
|Sandra C Davis||$11,317|
|Dominion Leadership Trust||$7,422|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$5,500|
|Leslie F. Gilliam||$5,000|
- Official site for Del. Nutter
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Nutter
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- VA House of Delegates Republican Caucus profile
- Delegate Nutter Facebook profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Virginia House of Delegates District 7
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |