David Powers (Arkansas)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 3|
|2007 - January 10, 2013|
|Per diem||$136/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
Powers is a Juvenile Intake Officer in the 8th Judicial District North. He has served on the Hope Public School Board.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Powers served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Aging
- Subcommittee on Children and Youth
- Subcommittee on Legislative, Military and Veterans Affairs
- Subcommittee on Special Language
- Subcommittee on Courts and Civil Law
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Powers served on these committees:
- Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs Committee, Arkansas House (Vice Chair)
- Judiciary Committee, Arkansas House
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee, Arkansas Assembly
- Joint Performance Review Committee, Arkansas State Legislature
- Subcommittee on Juvenile Justice and Child Support
- Subcommittee on State Agencies
Powers's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1398 - "TO INCREASE DISTRICT COURT FILING FEES; ESTABLISH ADDITIONAL PILOT STATE DISTRICT COURT JUDGESHIPS; CONSOLIDATE CITY COURTS WITH DISTRICT COURTS."
- HB 1768 - "AN ACT FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE AT HOPE - STUDENT SUCCESS AND WORKFORCE RESOURCE CENTER GENERAL IMPROVEMENT APPROPRIATION."
- HB 1833 - "TO AMEND SEXUAL ASSAULT IN THE FOURTH DEGREE."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Powers won re-election to the 3rd district seat in 2010. He faced no opposition.
Powers raised $29,225 for his campaign, while Bradford raised $1,900.
|Arkansas State House, District 3 (2008)|
|David Powers (D)||6,516|
|Evelyn Joyce Bradford (R)||1,746|
|Arkansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Powers (Arkansas)'s campaign in 2010|
|Arkansas Health Care Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$9,300|
Below are Powers's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Trial Lawyers Assoc||$3,000|
|Arkansas Democratic Party||$2,500|
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$2,000|
|McDaniel Leadership PAC||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Powers + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Representative David Powers
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- David Powers' blog
|Arkansas House District 3
| Succeeded by|
Brent Talley (D)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|