David R. Page
|David R. Page|
|Illinois State Senate District 27|
|President, Arlington Heights District 25 School Board|
|2009 - Present|
|Member, Arlington Heights District 25 School Board|
|2005 - 2009|
|High school||Hersey High School|
|Bachelor's||Finance, Northern Illinois University, 1990|
Page is currently the President of the Arlington Heights District 25 School Board. He was first elected to the school board in 2005, and was first became President of the school board in 2009. He has worked as a financial planner for 22 years.
Page's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The Budget
- "The state’s budget deficit is now $43.8 billion in the negative. Illinois ranks last in the nation in budget deficits. ...We cannot wait any longer to get the state back on financial track. We need leaders who will make the tough decisions to address Illinois’ budget today and not leave the problem for future generations."
- "The education budget continues to be cut, while our children suffer the consequences. We need leaders who will fight to restore education funding because our children cannot wait any longer."
- "There are no quick-fix solutions for the unfunded pensions. We need a long-term comprehensive plan to help erase the gap. We must evaluate all options and arrive upon a plan that is fair to all parties involved and improves Illinois financial future."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Page ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 27. He was placed on the general election ballot on June 4, 2012 as a petition candidate and was defeated by incumbent Matt Murphy (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Matt Murphy Incumbent||60.6%||57,447|
|Democratic||David R. Page||39.4%||37,323|
Page has a wife, Katie, and two daughters, Amanda and Emily.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Page + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter page
- Project Vote Smart political summary
- Biographical submission to Ballotpedia via email, September 20, 2012
- David Page, "David on the Issues," accessed September 20, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, candidate list, retrieved September 5, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- David Page, "Meet David," retrieved September 20, 2012