|Washington House of Representatives, District 29a|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Gov.John Rogers High School|
|Bachelor's||Political Science and Geography, Central Washington University, 2005|
|Profession||Community organizing and political campaigns|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sawyer served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs|
|• Early Learning and Human Services|
|• Higher Education|
Sawyer's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- On Jobs
- Excerpt: "We need incentives. Business owners can be encouraged to open their doors in our community through targeted incentives that encourage them to grow and expand here. We need to allow our businesses to hire more people and create new, local family wage jobs."
- On Education
- Excerpt: "This is a global economy and we need to recognize that our students are competing for jobs on a global level. We have a responsibility to ensure that our students are prepared – all children deserve the best chance at competing for the jobs of the future."
- On Crime
- Excerpt: "First it is important to recognize that prevention is far less costly than building prisons. Programs that focus on preventing crime - keeping young people in school and finding stable jobs for people willing to work- is a far better way to prevent crimes from occurring. But for those who refuse to follow the rules, the penalty must be swift and certain."
Sawyer won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 29a. Sawyer advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Terry Harder (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 29a, General Election, 2012|
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 29a Blanket Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Sawyer + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- House page
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Sawyer's LinkedIn profile
- The News Tribune article about Sawyer's entrance into race
Connie Ladenburg (D)
|Washington House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |