|South Dakota House District 1|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Northern State University, 1964|
|Date of birth||05/15/1942|
|Place of birth||Bristol, SD|
He worked in management training at Osco Drug for two years before becoming a self-employed farmer, which he continues to do. In his community, he has been active as the president of the Bristol School Board and a Supervisor for the Lynn Township Board. He previously held office as a state representative from 2000 to 2008.
Sigdestad earned his B.S. from Northern State University.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sigdestad served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
|South Dakota State House, District 1 (2010)|
|Susan Wismer (D)||4,373||50.21%|
|David Sigdestad (D)||4,336||49.79%|
In 2010, Sigdestad raised $475 in contributions. 
Sigdestad and his wife Ava have two children, Susan and Stephen.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Sigdestad + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Jason Frerichs (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 1
| Succeeded by|