David Simpson (New Hampshire)
New Hampshire State House,
|Profession||Insurance/Non-profit - Retired|
Prior to his retirement, Simpson worked as a life insurance agent and development officer for several non-profits. He earned a BA in History from the University of Bridgeport and a MA in Theological Studies from Virginia Theological Seminary. He has served on the Peterborough Heritage Commission and the boards of several community organizations. He is married to his wife JoAnn. They have one child.
On his 2011 campaign site, Simpson outlines his campaign themes:
- Boosting Our Local Economy: "Compared to surrounding states, New Hampshire already offers an attractive business climate - our unemployment rate is below 5%, far less than the national average. I will work with other Republicans in the legislature to protect and to sharpen those advantages. This means maintaining a reasonable regulatory balance, as was the goal of HB 248, making business tax rates more competitive, and promoting an individuals right to work free from union coercion."
- Living Within Our Means: "I am committed to balancing our state budget using honest accounting and making the difficult decisions on how to allocate limited revenue resources. I will be vigilant in making sure that taxpayers money is carefully and wisely spent, and will vote against any statewide sales or personal income tax. New Hampshire has a long tradition of making a little go a long way; that same approach will serve us will in the future."
- Protecting Our Natural Resources: "Our high quality of life here in New Hampshire is enhanced by our abundant natural resources. We all enjoy the benefits of clean air, clean water and scenic open spaces, and it is our responsibility to conserve these resources for future generations...I will work to maintain our clean natural environment and to encourage a high standard of resource stewardship through incentive programs, such as Current Use Taxation. In these times of economic hardship we must not lose sight of those things that are essential to our health and welfare in the long run."
Simpson also notes that he supports Second Amendment rights, the rights of parents in education, the right to work, and the rights of the unborn.
- Ledger-Transcript, "Election to fill seat of GOP Rep. Huxley," May 3, 2011
- David Simpson, Campaign Site, "About David L. Simpson," Accessed September 12, 2011
- New Hampshire Elections Division, Accessed May 26, 2011
- Union Leader, "Democrat Leishman wins Hillsborough County special election," September 20, 2011
- David Simpson, Campaign Site, "Positions," Accessed September 12, 2011