|Georgia Public Service Commissioner - District 5|
|Profession||Web Technologies Architect|
Staples ran for District 5 of the Georgia Public Service Commission in 2012. He was defeated by incumbent Stan Wise (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. No Democratic candidates filed for the office.
|Georgia Public Service Commission District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stan Wise Incumbent||65.8%||2,110,146|
|Election Results via Georgia Secretary of State.|
According to the October 15th Atlanta Progressive News article endorsing Staples' bid for Georgia PSC, the candidate sought to:
- "End the trend of ratepayer-subsidized, guaranteed profits for Georgia Power"
- "Use the PSC’s ability to set profit levels for Georgia Power as an incentive system to encourage Georgia Power to meet goals such as greater renewable energy targets and cleaner sources of natural gas."
Staples was endorsed by The Board of Directors of Atlanta Progressive News and the Sierra Club of Georgia for District 5 of the Georgia Public Service Commission.
Staples lost the election to the position of Georgia Public Service Commission District5 in 2012. During that election cycle, Staples raised a total of $8,545.
|Georgia Public Service Commission District5 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Staples's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$8,545|
|Source:Follow the Money|
- Official campaign website
- David Staples on Facebook
- David Staples on Twitter
- David Staples on LinkedIn
- Vote Staples, "David Staples Announces Candidacy for Public Service Commission," June 12, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," November 7, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," May 24, 2012
- Atlanta Progressive News, "APN endorses Stapes and Ploeger for PSC," October 15, 2012