Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 57|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Date of birth||06/28/1950|
|Place of birth||Syracuse, NY|
Toscano's official website lists his positions on a number of issues, including:
- Reproductive choice - "The Constitutional Right to freedom of reproductive choice must remain legal, and its exercise safe and rare."
- Transportation - "Land use and transportation needs are inextricably linked. To move our citizens and commerce, we need to ensure that our transportation networks are maintained and improved."
- Economic vitality and opportunity - "To compete and thrive in the 21st Century, we will need to reinforce our economic vitality and redouble our efforts to expand opportunity for all citizens to participate in the wealth and success of the region."
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #4
- HB 1833 Indoor Clean Air Act; allows localities to exceed requirements that regulate smoking.
- HB 2157 Biodiesel & green diesel; all diesel fuel sold, etc. in State to consumers to contain at least 2%.
- HB 2158 Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Transit Authority; established.
On November 8, 2011, Toscano won re-election to District 57 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He won the Democratic nomination and defeated Robert Brandon Smith III (I) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 57 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||David Toscano Incumbent||80.8%||10,949|
|Republican||Robert Brandon Smith, III||19.2%||2,600|
In 2009, Toscano was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 57 (2009)|
|David Toscano (D)||14,071|
|Robert Smith, III(I)||3,848|
Delegate Toscano discusses minimun wage issues
The top 5 donors to Toscano's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia House Democratic Caucus||$13,220|
|Hunter E. Craig||$7,000|
|S. Sonjia Smith||$4,500|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$4,000|
- Delegate David Toscano official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Toscano
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005
- David Toscano on Twitter
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Toscano Facebook profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 57
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |