|Virginia House of Delegates District 57|
|2006 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Syracuse, NY|
Toscano is an attorney with the firm Buck, Toscano & Tereskerz, Ltd. Prior to his election to the House, he served on the Charlottesville City Council from 1990 to 2002, and as Mayor from 1994 to 1996.
In the 2012-2013 session, Toscano served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Toscano served on the following committees:
- Courts of Justice
- Civil Law Subcommittee
- Mental Health Subcommittee
- Constitutional Law Subcommittee
- Science and Technology
- Subcommittee #4
- HB 1833 Indoor Clean Air Act; allows localities to exceed requirements that regulate smoking.
- HB 2157 Biodiesel & green diesel; all diesel fuel sold, etc. in State to consumers to contain at least 2%.
- HB 2158 Charlottesville-Albemarle Regional Transit Authority; established.
Toscano’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Reproductive choice
Excerpt: "The Constitutional Right to freedom of reproductive choice must remain legal, and its exercise safe and rare."
Excerpt: "Land use and transportation needs are inextricably linked. To move our citizens and commerce, we need to ensure that our transportation networks are maintained and improved."
- Economic vitality and opportunity
Excerpt: "To compete and thrive in the 21st Century, we will need to reinforce our economic vitality and redouble our efforts to expand opportunity for all citizens to participate in the wealth and success of the region."
Toscano won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 57. Toscano ran unopposed in the June 11 Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013.
On November 8, 2011, Toscano won re-election to District 57 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He won the Democratic nomination and defeated Robert Brandon Smith III (I) in the November 8 general election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 57 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||David Toscano Incumbent||80.8%||10,949|
|Republican||Robert Brandon Smith, III||19.2%||2,600|
In 2009, Toscano was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 57 (2009)|
|David Toscano (D)||14,071|
|Robert Smith, III(I)||3,848|
Delegate Toscano discusses minimun wage issues
In 2011, Toscano received $256,134 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Toscano's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Democratic Party||$11,294|
|Williamson, Ms Roberta||$5,000|
|Berkmar 29 JL Inc||$3,000|
|Fried, Mrs Barbara J||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$256,134|
|Total Votes received in 2011||10,949|
|Cost of each vote received||$23.39|
The top five donors to Toscano's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia House Democratic Caucus||$13,220|
|Hunter E. Craig||$7,000|
|S. Sonjia Smith||$4,500|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$4,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Toscano + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- Delegate David Toscano official website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Toscano
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005
- David Toscano on Twitter
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Toscano
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- David Toscano Issues
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 57
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |