|Poudre Board of Education, District C|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|First elected||November 5, 2013|
|Master's||University of Nebraska|
|Ph.D.||University of Nebraska|
Trask earned his M.A. and Ph.D. in American History from the University of Nebraska. He taught at community colleges in the Carolinas for 35 years before his retirement. Trask was previously elected to the boards of the American Historical Association and the Organization of American Historians. He and his wife, Suzanne, have three adult children and three grandchildren.
- See also: Poudre School District elections (2013)
Trask defeated Mel Hilgenberg to win the District C seat on November 5, 2013.
|Poudre School District, District C General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Source: Larimer County, Colorado, "Election Summary Report," November 19, 2013|
Trask received the following endorsements for his 2013 campaign:
- Former State Senator Bob Bacon
- Christophe Febvre
- Rep. Randy Fischer
- Rep. Joann Ginal
- Gina Janett
- Sen. John Kefalas
What was at stake?
Incumbent Jim Hayes did not file for re-election in District C, leaving challengers Mel Hilgenberg and David Trask to compete with one another for the seat. Christophe Febvre ran for re-election in District D without opposition. Nicholas Holian ran unopposed for the District E seat formerly held by Patrick Albright, who did not file for the 2013 election.
About the district
- See also: Poudre School District, Colorado
Fort Collins outperformed the rest of Colorado in higher education achievement while lagging behind state rates for median income and poverty. The average household income in Fort Collins was $51,446 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Fort Collins was 17.2% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 51.5% of Fort Collins residents aged 25 years and older earned a bachelor's degree compared to 36.3% in Colorado.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Trask + Poudre + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- David Trask for School Board, "About David," Accessed October 24, 2013
- Coloradoan.com, "Two seek to represent northeast Fort Collins on PSD board," October 15, 2013
- Colorado TRACER, "Candidate Detail," Accessed December 19, 2013
- David Trask for School Board, "Endorsements," Accessed October 24, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts:Fort Collins, Accessed October 24, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, “Voter Registration Numbers,” Accessed October 24, 2013