David Williams (Kentucky) (old)
|Kentucky State Senate District 16|
|1987-November 2, 2012|
|President, Kentucky State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Kentucky House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Kentucky, 1975|
|J.D.||University of Louisville, 1977|
|Date of birth||May 28, 1953|
|Place of birth||Burkesville, KY|
Williams operates his own private law practice in Burkesville, KY. He earned his BGA from the University of Kentucky and went on to receive his JD from the University of Louisville.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Williams served on the following committees:
|Governor and Lt. Governor of Kentucky, 2011|
|Democratic||Steve Beshear and Jerry E. Abramson||55.7%||464,245|
|Republican||David Williams and Richie Farmer||35.3%||294,034|
|Independent||Gatewood Galbraith and Dea Riley||9%||74,860|
Williams successfully sought the Republican gubernatorial nomination, beating two other contenders in the May 17, 2011 primary.
|2011 Race for Governor - Republican Primary|
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2010
In the May 18th primary election, Williams defeated his Republican primary opponent Denver Capps by a margin of 18,407 to 4,143.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 1 (2010) General Election|
|David Williams (R)||24,484||100%|
On November 7, 2006, Williams was re-elected to the 16th District Seat in the Kentucky State Senate, defeating Doug Shelton (D). Williams raised $156,998 for his campaign, while Shelton raised $900.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 16 (2006)|
|David Williams (R)||21,578||71.8%|
|Doug Shelton (D)||8,472||28.2%|
Williams has raised $5,250 in 2010.
His four largest contributors are:
|UST Inc. Executives, Administrators, and Managers PAC||$1,000|
|Kentucky Credit Union League||$1,000|
In 2008, a year in which Williams was not up for re-election, he collected $5,900 in donations.
His three largest contributors were;
|Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities||$1,000|
|United Parcel Service PAC||$1,000|
|Merck & Co.||$1,000|
In 2006 Williams collected $156,998 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kentucky Optometric Association||$3,000|
|Kentucky Society of CPAS||$2,500|
|Kentucky Hospital Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Williams + Kentucky + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Kentucky Legislature page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1994
- Voting record from KentuckyVotes.org
- The Lane Report, "BREAKING NEWS: Governor appoints Senate President David Williams as circuit judge," October 26, 2012
- Official Kentucky General Election Results
- 2010 Kentucky Primary Election Results
- 2006 Kentucky Election Results
- District 16 Kentucky State Senate, 2006 Money Raised
- 2010 Contributions to David Williams
- 2008 Contributions to David Williams
- 2006 Contributions to David Williams
|Kentucky Senate District 16
1987–November 2, 2012
| Succeeded by|
Sara Beth Gregory (R)
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |