|Maine State Senate District 1|
|December 1, 2010-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session), $10,082/year (second regular session)|
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Maine House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Fairleigh Dickinson College|
|J.D.||West Virginia University Law School|
|Profession||Attorney, business owner|
Hill is a licensed attorney in both Maine and West Virginia, actively practicing corporate and real estate law from 1980-1989 at her law firm in York. Hill is also the Owner of It's a Dog's World, a a large canine training and activity facility in southern Maine. She is the senior serving member of the board of directors for MMG Insurance of Presque Isle, Maine, and is a member of the Emerge Maine Board of Directors, York Land Trust Board of Directors, and Maine State Planning Office Critical Areas Advisory Board.
Hill graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson College in Teaneck, NJ. She graduated with a degree in Marketing in 1974. She then went on to earn her J.D. from West Virginia University Law School.
Hill's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Making the Connection for Maine's Economy
- Excerpt:"Hill understands that to create jobs in Maine and get our economy moving again government should be a partner to small business – not a roadblock."
- Excerpt:"Dawn continues to support the efforts of the organization 'Think Again' with information and advocacy. 'Think Again' is a local grass roots organization formed to stop the relocation of the York toll plaza."
Making Tough Choices to Balance Maine's Budget
- Excerpt:"Her efforts brought forth a nonpartisan balanced biennial budget and four nonpartisan balanced supplemental budgets that were passed with super majorities in both the House and Senate."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hill served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hill served on these committees:
- Government Oversight (Chair)
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
|Maine State Senate, District 1, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dawn Hill Incumbent||62.8%||13,592|
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Hill did not run for re-election to the State House, but rather ran for election to the Maine State Senate. She defeated Republican candidate Michael Estes in the November 2 general election. Democratic incumbent Peter Bowman did not run for re-election.
|Maine State Senate, District 1|
|Dawn Hill (D)||8,623||51%|
|Michael Estes (R)||7849||46%|
In the June 8th primary election, Hill ran unopposed. 
|Maine State Senate, District 1 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
Dawn Hill raised $5,246 for her campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 149|
|Dawn Hill (D)||3,459|
|Bradley Moulton (R)||2,172|
On her campaign website, Hill outlined these themes: 
- Economy - Hill understands that to create jobs in Maine and get our economy moving again, government should be a partner to small business, not a roadblock
- Government accountability - Hill will work with anyone or stand up to anyone to make sure that Maine families are represented
- Breaking through the politics - Hill will balance the budget and cut taxes
In 2010, Hill raised $56,491 in contributions. 
Her three largest contributors were:
|Nadeau, James A||$8,386|
|James A Nadeau/Loan Forgiven; $000 Balance||$3,500|
In 2008 Dawn Hill collected $5,246 in donations. 
Her largest contributor in 2008 was:
Hill has a husband, James Nadeau.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dawn + Hill + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010,2008, 2006
- Dawn Hill on Facebook
- "dawnhill," Official Campaign Website
- Maine Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," June 12, 2012
- Maine Official Election Results
- Results for the June 8, 2010 primary in Maine
- Maine House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Hill's 2008 campaign contributions
- Dawn Hill for Senate: Issues
- 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributors to Dawn Hill
Peter Bowman (D)
|Maine State Senate District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |