|Texas State House, District 46|
|1995 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M University|
Dukes is the Owner and Business Consultant for DM Dukes and Associates, Incorporated. She previously worked as a Criminal Justice Facilities Planner from 1987-1993.
Dukes is a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Beta Psi Omega Graduate Chapter, Atlanta Council of Young Political Leaders, Flemming Fellowship Program, Center for Policy Alternative, Leadership Austin, and The Links, Incorporated, Austin Chapter.
Representative Dukes is a graduate of Texas A&M University with a B.S. in Psychology. She is the owner of DM Dukes and Associates, Inc., a consulting firm; a member of the Links, Inc.-Austin Chapter and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.-Beta Psi Omega Graduate Chapter.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dukes served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Culture, Recreation, & Tourism, Vice-chair|
Dukes served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Culture, Recreation, & Tourism|
- HB 582 - Relating to informing the parents and guardians of certain children about the availability of the child health plan and medical assistance programs.
- HB 744 - Relating to the restoration of the medically needy program under the state Medicaid program.
- HB 873 - Relating to incentives for the film, television, video, and digital interactive media production industries.
- HB 1238 - Relating to sanctions that may be imposed on public school campuses identified as academically unacceptable for two consecutive school years.
Dukes ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 46. Dukes ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and defeated Andy Fernandez (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dawnna Dukes Incumbent||86.5%||35,560|
| Texas House of Representatives, District 46 |
2010 General election results
|Dawnna Dukes (D)||18,430||84.18%|
|George Emery (L)||3,462||15.81%|
On November 4, 2008, Dukes won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 46th District, defeating Allen Hacker (L). Dukes received 34,353 votes in the election while Hacker received 5,351 votes. Dukes raised $433,659 for her campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 46|
|Dawnna Dukes (D)||34,353||86.52%|
|Allen Hacker (L)||5,351||13.47%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Dukes raised a total of $110,949 in 2010. Below are Isaac's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Bill Messer PC||$3,239|
|Associated General Contractors of Texas||$3,000|
|Texas Events PAC||$2,500|
Below are Dukes's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Watts Law Firm||$67,880|
|Bob J Perry||$34,000|
|Texas for Economic Development PAC||$20,000|
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$19,519|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Dawnna Dukes received a grade of F on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- Dawnna Dukes's campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Dukes
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 46 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Dawnna Dukes on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dukes
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Dukes
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Texas Secretary of State Election History
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 46 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
|Texas House District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |