Difference between revisions of "Dean Kirby"
(added 2011 categories)
(2011 elections section)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
Revision as of 14:37, 3 June 2011
|Mississippi State Senate District 30|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Kirby was County Chair for the Republican Executive Committee in 1977. He then joined the Mississippi State Senate in 1992. He has served in that position since, representing the 30th district.
Kirby has been the Owner of Dean Kirby Insurance Agency since 1979.
Kirby attended Mississippi College. He went on to receive his BS from La Salle University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Kirby has been appointed to these committees:
- Compilation, Revision and Publication Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Constitution Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Corrections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Housing Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Insurance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Interstate and Federal Cooperation Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Legislative Budget Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Rules Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Kirby is running for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 30. He is running unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates are running in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 8, 2011. 
Dean Kirby raised $41,100 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 30|
|Dean Kirby (R)||13,499||100%|
In 2009 Dean Kirby collected $151,000 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Capitol Advocacy Group PAC||$12,500|
Kirby and his wife, Jean, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018, Room 215 C
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 54099
Pearl, MS 39288
Phone: 601-939-5968 601-939-5968 601-939-5968 (Business)
Phone: 601-932-1966 (Home)
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|