|Mississippi State Senate District 30|
|1992 - Present|
|January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||23|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||La Salle University|
|Date of birth||11/21/1946|
|Place of birth||Lake City, AR|
Kirby was County Chair for the Republican Executive Committee in 1977. He then joined the Mississippi State Senate in 1992. He has served in that position since, representing the 30th district.
Kirby has been the Owner of Dean Kirby Insurance Agency since 1979.
Kirby attended Mississippi College. He went on to receive his BS from La Salle University.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Kirby has been appointed to these committees:
- Compilation, Revision and Publication Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Constitution Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Corrections Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Fees, Salaries and Administration Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Housing Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Insurance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Interstate and Federal Cooperation Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Judiciary, Division A Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Legislative Budget Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Rules Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Dean Kirby raised $41,100 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 30|
|Dean Kirby (R)||13,499||100%|
In 2011, Kirby received $115,737 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Kirby's campaign in 2011|
|Health Management Associates Of Mississippi||$5,500|
|Mississippi Band Of Choctaw Indians||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$115,737|
|Total Votes received in 2011||16,123|
|Cost of each vote received||$7.18|
In 2009 Dean Kirby collected $151,000 in donations. 
His four largest contributors in 2009 were:
|Capitol Advocacy Group PAC||$12,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dean + Kirby + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Kirby and his wife, Jean, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018, Room 215 C
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Post Office Box 54099
Pearl, MS 39288
Phone: 601-939-5968 601-939-5968 601-939-5968 (Business)
Phone: 601-932-1966 (Home)
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
|Mississippi State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|