|Wisconsin State Assembly District 30|
|2011 - Present|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Place of birth||Mayville, ND|
Knudson was mayor of Hudson, WI from 2008-2010, after serving on the Hudson City council from 1996 to 2002, and was previously Chairman of the Republican Party of St. Croix County Wisconsin.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Knudson has been appointed to these committees:
- Colleges and Universities Committee, Vice Chair
- Education Committee
- Urban and Local Affairs Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Knudson is running in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 30. Knudson is running unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Diane Odeen is running unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30 General Election (2010)|
|Dean Knudson (R)||14,124|
|Matt Borup (D)||8,629|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Dean Knudson (R)||2,947||99.66%|
Knudson's website lists the following views of the issues:
- Jobs and the Economy - Spending needs to be under control, and policies need to be enacted that will "encourage job growth in the private sector."
- Tax Relief - Business taxes need to be cut, and reforms to "unleash the innovative, creative power of our free enterprise system."
- Improving Education - "Needs to couple student achievement to the evaluations and rewards given to teachers." 
In 2010, when Knudson first won election to the State Assembly, he collected $59,896 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|National Rifle Association||$500|
|Wisconsin Republican Party||$500|
|Wisconsin Health & Hospital Association||$500|
|14 individual donors||$500 each|
Knudson and his wife, Joy, have two children.
- Dean Knudson on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Knudson on Facebook
- Knudson on Twitter
- ↑ Knudson campaign website
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Assembly member Dean Knudson biography," May 26, 2011
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Campaign website/Issues
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board "Contribution Limits"
- ↑ [hhttp://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=131614 Follow the Money.org, Dean Knudson candidate summary, Retrieved June 22, 2011]
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |