For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|New York State Assembly District 3|
|2010 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||5|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||February 9, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Murray is the owner of D&S Advertising Incorporated. His professional experience includes volunteer for the Suffolk County Police Reserves; regional sales manager; advertising sales representative; radio and television news industry; and as a small business owner.
Murray is a graduate from Broadcast Institute of Maryland. He has one child.
On election night Murray was leading Democrat Lauren Thoden by 186 votes. Thoden asked Suffolk County election official to recanvass the vote, which led to Murray being certified the winner on February 17, winning by 160 votes.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Murray has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Murray served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Murray is running in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 3. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he is also running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Edward J. Hennessey ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. 
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Murray ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Murray defeated Robert Calarco (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Calarco was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 3 2010|
|Dean Murray (R)||16,521|
|Robert Calarco (D)||14,493|
In 2010, Murray received $68,957 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Murray's campaign in 2010|
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte Of New York||$17,750|
|Murray, L Dean||$15,000|
|Gershowitz, Marnie S||$3,500|
|Gershowitz, Kevin G||$3,500|
|American Environmental Solutions||$1,386|
|Total Raised in 2010||$68,957|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dean + Murray + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dean Murray's official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New York Assembly - Rep. Murray
- Dean Murray for Assembly Facebook group
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Murray
- Long Island Press, "Murray Wins Suffolk Assembly Election," February 17, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |