|New York State Assembly District 3|
|2010 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Murray is the owner of D&S Advertising Incorporated. His professional experience includes volunteer for the Suffolk County Police Reserves; regional sales manager; advertising sales representative; radio and television news industry; and as a small business owner.
Murray is a graduate from Broadcast Institute of Maryland. He has one child.
On election night Murray was leading Democrat Lauren Thoden by 186 votes. Thoden asked Suffolk County election official to recanvass the vote, which led to Murray being certified the winner on February 17, winning by 160 votes.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Murray served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Murray served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Murray ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 3. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Edward J. Hennessey ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. He was defeated by Edward J. Hennessey in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Edward J. Hennessey||50.3%||19,295|
|Republican||Dean Murray Incumbent||49.7%||19,056|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Murray ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Murray defeated Robert Calarco (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Calarco was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 3 2010|
|Dean Murray (R)||16,521|
|Robert Calarco (D)||14,493|
In 2010, Murray received $68,957 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Murray's campaign in 2010|
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte Of New York||$17,750|
|Murray, L Dean||$15,000|
|Gershowitz, Marnie S||$3,500|
|Gershowitz, Kevin G||$3,500|
|American Environmental Solutions||$1,386|
|Total Raised in 2010||$68,957|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dean + Murray + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dean Murray's official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New York Assembly - Rep. Murray
- Dean Murray for Assembly Facebook group
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Murray
- Long Island Press, "Murray Wins Suffolk Assembly Election," February 17, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly District 3
| Succeeded by|
Edward J. Hennessey (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |