|New York State Assembly, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly, District 3|
|2010 - 2013|
He is a former Republican member of the New York State Assembly, representing District 3 from 2010 to 2013. He won a special election held February 9, 2010, to replace Patricia Eddington, who resigned in 2009.
On election night Murray was leading Democrat Lauren Thoden by 186 votes. Thoden asked Suffolk County election official to recanvass the vote, which led to Murray being certified the winner on February 17, winning by 160 votes.
Murray is a graduate from Broadcast Institute of Maryland. He has one child. Murray is the owner of D&S Advertising Incorporated. His professional experience includes volunteer for the Suffolk County Police Reserves; regional sales manager; advertising sales representative; radio and television news industry; and as a small business owner.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Murray served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Murray served on the following committees:
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Edward Hennessey was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Dean Murray was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hennessey ran on the Working Families Party ticket and Murray ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Hennessey was defeated by Murray in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 3 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Edward Hennessey Incumbent||48.9%||11,709|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Murray ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 3. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Edward J. Hennessey ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. He was defeated by Edward J. Hennessey in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Edward J. Hennessey||50.3%||19,295|
|Republican||Dean Murray Incumbent||49.7%||19,056|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Murray ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Murray defeated Robert Calarco (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Calarco was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 3 2010|
|Dean Murray (R)||16,521|
|Robert Calarco (D)||14,493|
In 2010, Murray received $68,957 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Murray's campaign in 2010|
|Republican Assembly Campaign Cmte Of New York||$17,750|
|Murray, L Dean||$15,000|
|Gershowitz, Marnie S||$3,500|
|Gershowitz, Kevin G||$3,500|
|American Environmental Solutions||$1,386|
|Total Raised in 2010||$68,957|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dean + Murray + New York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 3
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Dean Murray's official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New York Assembly - Rep. Murray
- Dean Murray for Assembly Facebook group
- Long Island Press, "Murray Wins Suffolk Assembly Election," February 17, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Murray," accessed August 12, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011(Archived)
|New York Assembly District 3
| Succeeded by|
Edward J. Hennessey (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |