|New York State Assembly District 3|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Murray is the owner of D&S Advertising Incorporated. His professional experience includes volunteer for the Suffolk County Police Reserves; regional sales manager; advertising sales representative; radio and television news industry; and as a small business owner.
Murray is a graduate from Broadcast Institute of Maryland. He has one child.
On election night Murray was leading Democrat Lauren Thoden by 186 votes. Thoden asked Suffolk County election official to recanvass the vote, which led to Murray being certified the winner on February 17, winning by 160 votes.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Murray ran unopposed in the September 14 Republican primary. Murray defeated Robert Calarco (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Calarco was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 3 2010|
|Dean Murray (R)||16,521|
|Robert Calarco (D)||14,493|
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Social Services Committee, New York Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Dean Murray's official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New York Assembly - Rep. Murray
- Dean Murray for Assembly Facebook group
|New York Assembly District 3
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |