|Nevada State Senate, Northern District|
|1985 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2008|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Nevada State Assembly|
|1977 - 1981|
|Bachelor's||California State Polytechnic College|
|Date of birth||10/05/1935|
|Place of birth||Tonasket, WA|
Rhoads served in the Nevada State Assembly from 1977 to 1981. He was also on the Legislative Commission from 1993 to 1994. From 2003 to 2007 he was Senate Majority Whip.
Rhoads earned his BS in Agriculture Business Management from California State Polytechnic College.
Rhoads has served in the National Guard. He is currently a rancher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Rhoads served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Rhoads served on these committees:
In 2012, Rhoads was one of four senators and one representative to be the first senators and representatives term limited by Nevada's 1996 amendment. The 1996 amendment did not go into affect until canvassed by the Supreme Court on November 27, 1996, so legislators elected that year -- and sworn in on November 5, 1996 -- were not affected by the bill until their re-election in 2000.
|Nevada State Senate, Northern District (2008)|
|Dean Rhoads (R)||20,623||65.25%|
|Nevada State Senate, Northern District (2004)|
|Dean Rhoads (R)||23,947||79.08%|
|Nevada State Senate, Northern District (2000)|
|Dean Rhoads (R)||19,244||83.47%|
In 2008, Rhoads collected $163,850 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Associated General Contractors||$6,500|
|Raggio Senate Campaign||$5,000|
|Nevada Association of Realtors||$5,000|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
Rhoads and his wife, Sharon, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dean + Rhoads + Nevada + Senate"
- Dean Rhoads official Nevada State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
- www.lvrj.com Term limits cases argued, Jul. 2, 2008
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2004 General Election Results
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2000 General Election Results
- 2008 contributions to Dean Rhoads
- Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card," accessed May 5, 2014
|Nevada State Senate, Northern District
| Succeeded by|