|Illinois State Senate District 49|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
DeMuzio is a former education curriculum planner and small business owner.
DeMuzio served on the following committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Human Services Vice-Chairwoman
- Redistricting Vice-Chairwoman
- State Government and Veterans Affairs Chairwoman.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
Demuzio lost her bid for re-election to the 49th District Seat in the Illinois State Senate against Republican William "Sam" McCann. The election took place on November 2, 2010. Demuzio ran unopposed in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
According to political experts, Demuzio's senate race was considered to be one of the most expensive out of all races contested in 2010..
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 (2006)|
|Deanna Demuzio (D)||43,324|
|Jeff Richey (R)||29,223|
In 2006, Demuzio collected $98,155 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed the most to her campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$7,000|
|Democratic Central CMTE of Christian County||$4,000|
|Central Illinois Public Service Co.||$3,000|
|Illinois Society of Professional Engineers Pac||$2,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|Illinois Home Builders Association||$1,500|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$1,500|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,400|
|Illinois Farm Bureau||$1,058|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$1,000|
DeMuzio represented Illinois Senate District 49. District 49 is located in Southwestern Illinois near the Missouri border..
Demuzio is widowed with two children. She resides in Carlinville, Illinois.
- Demuzio's campaign website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Sen. Demuzio's website
- Demuzio's facebook
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- Chicago Tribune, "2010 Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Chicago Press Release "Downstate House Races Proving Expensive Battlegrounds"
- Illinois Senate election results for 2006
- Demuzio Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|
William "Sam" McCann