|Illinois State Senate District 49|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
DeMuzio is a former Education Curriculum Planner and Small Business Owner.
DeMuzio serves on these committees:
- Agriculture and Conservation
- Human Services Vice-Chairwoman
- Redistricting Vice-Chairwoman
- State Government and Veterans Affairs Chairwoman .
- See Also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
Demuzio is running for re-election to the 49th District Seat in the Illinois State Senate against Republican Sam McCann. The election takes place on November 2, 2010. Demuzio ran unopposed in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 49 (2006)|
|Deanna Demuzio (D)||43,324|
|Jeff Richey (R)||29,223|
In 2006, Demuzio collected $98,155 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$7,000|
|Democratic Central CMTE of Christian County||$4,000|
|Central Illinois Public Service Co.||$3,000|
|Illinois Society of Professional Engineers Pac||$2,000|
|Illinois Hospital & Health Systems Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Health Care Association||$2,000|
|Illinois Federation of Teachers||$2,000|
|Illinois Home Builders Association||$1,500|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$1,500|
|Illinois Realtors Association||$1,400|
|Illinois Farm Bureau||$1,058|
|Illinois State Dental Society||$1,000|
DeMuzio represents Illinois Senate District 49. District 49 Southwest Illinois near the Missouri border.
Demuzio is widowed with two children and reside in Carlinville, Illinois.
- Demuzio's campaign website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Sen. Demuzio's website
- Demuzio's facebook
|Illinois Senate District 49
| Succeeded by|