Difference between revisions of "Deb McManus"
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
McManus' website the following campaign themes:<ref>[http://debfor54.com/issues.html ''debfor54.com'' - Issues]</ref>
Revision as of 14:02, 15 July 2013
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 54|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina-Charlotte|
McManus received a B.A. in Psychology from the University of North Carolina-Charlotte in 1979. She is an office manager at Carolina Family Practice.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McManus served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
McManus' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"In addition to the impact on education, cutting funding that pays for teachers and other state employees just compounds our budget problems as more people are out of work, drawing unemployment, and not spending on goods and services."
Fracking, Energy & The Environment
- Excerpt:"When speaking, I've compared fracking to an experimental medical procedure. It may have potential at some point in the future but we are simply not in a position to take the risks at this time. I don't want our area to be a testing ground."
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt:"I want to create incentives for green energy development in our district. This is one of the fastest growing sectors of new jobs and we should be taking advantage of this. North Carolina has been ranked as a business friendly state but we have to continue to improve our district's image as a high quality place to live and raise a family."
The War on Women's Reproductive Health Rights
- Excerpt:"I vehemently oppose the state requirements on ultrasounds and waiting periods for women seeking an abortion, and I fully support funding Planned Parenthood, because they provide many health services for many women who would not otherwise receive treatment."
Voter I. D. Laws
- Excerpt:"I oppose the Voter ID bill. First, because it is unnecessary. Research from the NC State Board of Elections says from the years 2004-2010 shows there were 5 cases of voter fraud per 1,000,000 ballots cast."
McManus ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 54. She defeated Jeff Starkweather in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. McManus defeated Cathy Wright (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 54 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Deb McManus Incumbent||59.2%||7,447|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
McManus and her husband, Keith, have two children. They currently reside in Siler City, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Deb + McManus + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Deb+McManus+North+Carolina+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Deb McManus News Feed
- House page
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Deb McManus on Facebook
Joe Hackney (D)
|North Carolina House - District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |