Difference between revisions of "Deborah Dawkins"
|Line 117:||Line 117:|
Revision as of 14:55, 19 July 2012
|Mississippi State Senate District 48|
|2000 - Present|
|January 10, 2012|
|Years in position||14|
|Base salary||$10,000 per year|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern Mississippi|
|Profession||Marketing Consultant/Surgical Technician|
Dawkins joined the Mississippi State Senate in 2000. She has served in that position since, representing the 48th district.
Dawkins is a Marketing Consultant and Surgical Technician.
Dawkins attended the University of Texas. She then attended the London School of Economics in the Summer of 1994. She went on to earn her BS in Business Administration/Marketing from University of Southern Mississippi in 1995.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Dawkins has been appointed to these committees:
- County Affairs Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Drug Policy Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Enrolled Bills Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Finance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Insurance Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Investigate State Offices Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Oil, Gas and Other Minerals Committee, Mississippi Senate
- Ports and Marine Resources Committee, Mississippi Senate
- State Library Committee, Mississippi Senate
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Dawkins won re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 48. She ran unopposed in the primary on August 2, 2011. Ashley Skellie also ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Dawkins defeated Skellie in the general election on November 8, 2011. 
|Mississippi State Senate, District 48 General Election, 2011|
|Democrat||Deborah Dawkins Incumbent||50.2%||4,689|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
Deborah Dawkins raised $38,452 for her campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 48|
|Deborah Dawkins (D)||4,707||53.2%|
|Ashley Skellie (R)||4,145||46.8%|
In 2011, Dawkins received $30,877 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Deborah Dawkins's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi Association For Justice||$8,000|
|Mississippi Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Blackmon, Barbara M||$1,000|
|Edward A Williamson PA||$750|
|Total Raised in 2011||$30,877|
|Total Votes received in 2011||4,689|
|Cost of each vote received||$6.58|
In 2009 Deborah Dawkins collected $200 in donations. 
Her contribution in 2009 was unitemized.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Deborah + Dawkins + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Dawkins and her husband, Craig, have three children.
Post Office Box 1018
Room 209 Mez
Jackson, MS 39215-1018
Phone: 601-359-3237 601-359-3237 601-359-3237
111 Lang Avenue #3
Pass Christian, MS 39571
Phone: 228-452-5182 (Home)
- Mississippi Senator Page
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Deborah Dawkins on LinkedIn
|Mississippi State Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|