Florida State Senate, District 8
- See also: Florida State Senate elections, 2010
| Florida State Senate, District 8 |
2010 General election results
|John Thrasher (R)||110,176||60.01%|
|Deborah Gianoulis (D)||73,314||39.93%|
|Rebecca Ann Holcomb (Write-in)||110||0.06%|
On her campaign website, Gianoulis lists four issues she is concerned about. They are:
- Excerpt: "We will improve our schools and prepare our children for a brighter tomorrow if we encourage local educators to work with parents and stop sending decrees from Tallahassee politicians."
- Listening to the People
- Excerpt: "Too many of our elected leaders are not listening - their aim is to further their own interests, not the people's interests. As a candidate and your State Senator, I'm going to listen to all of the people in Senate District 8."
- Revitalizing the Economy, Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "I'll encourage a fresh approach that helps small businesses grow, invests in airports and seaports so that Florida can sell its products to the rest of the world, and improves public education so that businesses have the best trained workforce in the nation."
- Excerpt: "we watch the state capital and see government polarized by extremes. I want to represent the majority of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who want to work together and solve problems rather than start fights."
- 2010 candidates for Florida State Senate
- August 24, 2010 primary election results
- Deborah Gianoulis campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Deborah Gianoulis on Facebook