Difference between revisions of "Debra Conrad"
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Conrad's website the following campaign themes:<ref>[http://electdebraconrad.com/issues/ ''electdebraconrad.com'' - Issues]</ref>
Revision as of 15:16, 15 July 2013
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 74|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conrad served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-chair|
|• State Personnel|
Conrad's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Debra will work to enact pro-business legislation in Raleigh. She believes in order to recover lost jobs, we need to support our small businesses because they are essential to economic growth."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Debra Conrad opposes all tax increases and all wasteful spending. She will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first."
- Excerpt:"Debra Conrad believes the best way to turn the tide is to support legislation which directly funds the classroom and not wasteful bureaucracies. When money is sent directly to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt:"Debra Conrad believes that money should only be used for infrastructure repair. Debra supports legislation that will update the funding formula in order to ensure counties receive their fair share of road funding and that the roads and bridges we drive on are safe."
Conrad ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 74. She defeated Glenn L. Cobb and District 73 incumbent Larry Brown in the Republican primary on May 8, 2012. She defeated David W. Moore (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 74, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David W. Moore||35.6%||14,742|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 74 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Larry R. Brown Incumbent||29.2%||3,197|
|Glenn L. Cobb||28%||3,065|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Debra + Conrad + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- House page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Debra Conrad on Facebook
Dale Folwell (R)
|North Carolina House - District 74
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |