|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Election history
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Kiel attended Concordia College. Her professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kiel served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Education Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kiel served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Education Reform|
|• Transportation Policy and Finance|
Kiel's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I Believe That Minnesota should be fiscally conservative, always operating within its means and with a balanced budget. "
- Excerpt: "I Believe Every life is important and we should protect our unborn children, the elderly and the vulnerable from beginning to end of life."
- Excerpt: "I Believe In protecting our right to bear Arms so citizens are safe and Sportsman can enjoy hunting activities."
- Excerpt: "I Believe That Marriage is between one man and one woman."
- Excerpt: "I Believe In Individual responsibility hard work and self reliance."
Kiel won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 1B. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Marc Demers (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Debra Keil Incumbent||52%||9,401|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 1B (2010)|
|Bernie Lieder (DFL)||6,397||49.47%|
|Debra Kiel (R)||6,528||50.48%|
Comprehensive donor information for Kiel is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Kiel raised a total of $59,563 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Debra Kiel's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 1B||$37,303|
|2010||Minnesota House, District 1B||$22,260|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,563|
2012Kiel won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kiel raised a total of $37,303.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debra Kiel's campaign in 2012|
|Mark A. Murdock District 10B Committee||$1,000|
|Beiswenger, Lu Ann||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,303|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Kiel received $22,260 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Debra Kiel's campaign in 2010|
|Kiel Volunteer Cmte||$2,473|
|Okins, Allan & Rosemary||$500|
|Beiswenger, Rod & Luann||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,260|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Kiel and her husband, Lonn, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Debra + Kiel + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- Twitter account
- Flickr account
- "debkiel," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kiel, Deb," accessed December 12, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Bernie Lieder (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 1B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |