|Running for U.S. Senate, Maine|
|Date of primary||June 12, 2012|
|General election||November 6, 2012|
|Maine State Senate District 33|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||10|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (1st session), $10,082/year (2nd)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Maine State House of Representatives, District 114|
|Profession||Owner, PDQ Door Company|
Plowman attended the University of Southern Maine, graduating with a Political Science degree.
- 2004-Present: Maine State Senate
- State Senate Assistant Majority Leader
- 1992-2000: Maine House of Representatives
In addition to her position as senator, Plowman helps run PDQ Door, her family business.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Plowman has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Plowman served on these committees:
Plowman represents Maine Senate District 33. District 33 includes a portion of Penobscot County.
Plowman is not running for re-election to the State Senate in 2012. Instead, she was running in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Maine. Plowman was seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket. She faced Scott D'Amboise, Richard Bennett, Charles Summers, Bruce Poliquin, and William Schneider in the June 12 Republican primary. Plow was defeated by Charles Summers in the Republican primary. The Democratic primary was between Benjamin Pollard, Matthew Dunlap, Cynthia Dill, and Jon Hinck. Cynthia Dill won the Democratic nomination and will face Summers in the general election, along with third party candidates Andrew Ian Dodge, Aaron Marston, and Angus King.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
Plowman won re-election to the 33rd District Seat in 2010. She had no primary opposition. Sherman Leighton ran for the seat on the Democratic ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 33|
|Debra Plowman (R)||11,360||66%|
|Sherman Leighton (D)||5,116||30%|
Plowman raised $16,645 for her campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 33|
|Debra Plowman (R)||13,795|
|Wanda Beland (D)||7,109|
In 2010, Debra Plowman collected $15,957 in donations. 
Her four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maine Association of Realtors||$600|
|Pine State Trading Co||$600|
|Plum Creek Timber||$350|
In 2008 Debra Plowman collected $16,645 in donations. 
Her four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|National rifle Association||$500|
|Maine Senate Republican Victory Fund||$500|
|Associated General Contractors of Maine||$500|
|Maine Bankers Association||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Debra + Plowman + Maine + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Debra is married to David Plowman. They have three children and reside in Hampden, Maine.
- Senator Plowman's campaign website
- Official Maine State Senate website
- Maine Senate Republicans profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Debra Plowman on Facebook
- Debra Plowman on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 1998, 1996
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Associated Press "Election Results" Accessed June 12, 2012
- "Maine Senate" Senator Listing by County
- Maine Secretary of State "Candidate List Primary 2012" Accessed March 13, 2012
- Maine Official Election Results
- Maine State Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Plowman's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2010 contributors to Debra Plowman
- 2008 contributors to Debra Plowman
|Maine Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|