Declan O'Scanlon, Jr.
|Declan O'Scanlon, Jr.|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 13|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12|
|2008 - 2012|
|Place of birth||Marlboro, NJ|
|Profession||Chief Executive Officer, FSD Enterprises L.L.C.|
O'Scanlon is also the Chief Executive Officer of FSD Enterprises LLC. Prior to his election to the Assembly, he served on the Little Silver Council from 1994-1995, and has been chairman of the Little Silver Municipal GOP, New Jersey Young Republicans, and Monmouth County Voting Republicans.
Assemblyman O'Scanlon discussing tax amnesty
- A1434 Abolishes legislative leadership committees; reduces contributions to State political party committees to $12,500 per year, to county committees to $10,000 per year and to municipal committees to $5,000 per year.
- A1443 Prohibits simultaneous holding of certain State, county and municipal elective and appointive positions.
- A2585 Prohibits member of Legislature from entering into contract with public entity located within member's legislative district.
- A3872 Implements constitutional amendment establishing office of Lieutenant Governor. 
National Political Awareness Test
O'Scanoln's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his top priorities, he stated:
Reining in runaway spending, which has led NJ to raise existing taxes, create 94 new taxes in 5 years, and consider selling prized transportation assets to meet budget obligations. Lowering property taxes by redirecting budget priorities and changing the school funding formula, so that suburban and rural school districts receive a proportionate amount of state aid. Enacting ethics reforms to restore people's confidence in government, which currently counts legislators under indictment and under federal investigation.
O'Scanlon ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 13. O'Scanlon is bracketed with Amy Handlin. He defeated Edna Walsh and Stephen Boracchia in the June 4 Republican primary. He is challenged by Allison Friedman (D) and Matthew Morehead (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
O'Scanlon won re-election in 2011 but in District 13 instead of his current District 12 due to Redistricting. O'Scanlon and incumbent Amy Handlin ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican primary. They then defeated Kevin Lavan, Patrick Short, William Lawton, and Frank Cottone in the November 8 general election.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Twelfth Legislative District (2009)|
|Declan J. O'Scanlon, Jr. (R)||42,932|
|Caroline Casagrande (R)||42,662|
|Michelle Roth (D)||25,891|
|John Amberg (D)||24,125|
|Steven Welzer (Gr)||1,635|
In 2011, O'Scanlon received $232,493 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Declan O'Scanlon, Jr.'s campaign in 2011|
|Total Raised in 2011||$232,493|
|Total Votes received in 2011||22,754|
|Cost of each vote received||$10.22|
Below are O'Scanlon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|Add Funds Transferred From Prior Campaign||$26,663|
|New Jersey Coalition Of Automotive Retailers||$3,250|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$$2,650|
O'Scanlon is married to Heather Brittain O'Scanlon.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Declan + O'Scanlon + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Declan+O'Scanlon+New+Jersey+Assembly&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Declan O'Scanlon News Feed
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Declan O'Scanlon, Jr.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Assemblyman O'Scanlon Facebook profile
- NJ 12th legislative district - Assemblyman O'Scanlon
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman O'Scanlon
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman O'Scanlon Issue Positions
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of New Jersey Leaders," December 15, 2011
- Monmouth County Unofficial Primary Results, June 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 13
| Succeeded by|
|New Jersey General Assembly District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |