|U.S. House, Illinois, District 14|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin – Madison|
Anderson graduated from University of Wisconsin – Madison with degrees in Economics and Political Science.  He attended graduate school at the University of Wisconsin in Public Administration and at Loyola University Chicago in Theology. 
- 1978: Wisconsin Division of Health in Madison
- Prior to 1996: University of Wisconsin’s Comprehensive Cancer Center
- 1996-2009: Loyola University Chicago’s Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center
- 2009: Northwestern University, then returned to Loyola
- late 2010: Retired
According to Anderson's website, his campaign themes included:
- Healthcare: "Health insurance coverage is tied almost exclusively to employment, except for those covered by such government-run healthcare programs as Medicare, Medicaid and the Veteran’s Administration."
- Jobs: "Longer term, the U.S. needs to dramatically increase its investments in education and in research and development."
- Energy: "But four decades ago the U.S. received a very clear warning that our dependence on oil made us vulnerable to price shocks, and that that dependence represented serious national security vulnerability."
Anderson lost to incumbent Randy Hultgren. Anderson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Illinois' 14th District. Anderson ran on the Democratic ticket.  The signature filing deadline was December 27, 2011, with the primary taking place on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Randy Hultgren sought re-election on the Republican ticket.
Anderson defeated Jonathan Farnick in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. Incumbent Randy Hultgren ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Hultgren defeated Anderson in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 14 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Randy Hultgren Incumbent||58.8%||177,603|
|Source: Illinois Board of Elections "2012 General Election Official Vote Totals"|
|U.S. House, Illinois' 14th Congressional District Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 14, 2012 - Dennis Anderson Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,362,710|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,349,326|
|Top contributors to Dennis Anderson's campaign committee|
|Argiris Consulting Group||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
- ABC News 7 "Election Results Primary 2012" Accessed March 20, 2012
- Dennis Anderson for Congress "Dennis Anderson" Accessed January 16, 2012
- Dennis for Congress, "Issues," Accessed October 4, 2012
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Illinois"
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed December 27, 2011
- OpenSecrets "2012 Election" Accessed March 23, 2013
- Dennis Anderson for Congress "Dennis Anderson: Committed to community service" Accessed December 30, 2011
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |