Difference between revisions of "Dennis Black"
(year of first election added)
|Line 87:||Line 87:|
Revision as of 14:51, 23 June 2010
|Iowa State Senate District 21|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Black earned his BS in Forest Management from Utah State University, Logan, in 1963. He went on to receive his MS in Natural Resources Economics in 1965.
Black is a Natural Resources Consultant and Conservationist. He has worked as District Commissioner for Jasper County Soil Conservation. He is also past Director of the Jasper County Conservation Board.
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa Senate
- See Also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
Black is running for re-election to the 21st District Seat in the Iowa State Senate against Joe Pirillo (R). The election takes place on November 2, 2010. Black had no opposition in the Democratic primary election on June 8th.
|Iowa State Senate, District 21 (2006)|
|Dennis Black (D)||13,486|
|Tim Morgan (R)||10,456|
In 2006 Black collected $129,131 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$19,458|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$7,215|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$6,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$4,250|
Black and his wife, Faun Stewart, have three children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dennis Black
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- 2010 Iowa Primary Election Results
- 2006 Iowa Election Results
- 2006 Money Raised, Iowa Candidates
- 2006 Contributions to Dennis Black
|Iowa Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|