For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Iowa State Senate District 21|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||20|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University, Logan, 1963|
|Master's||Utah State University, Logan, 1965|
|Date of birth||December 18, 1939|
|Place of birth||Randolph, NE|
Black earned his BS in Forest Management from Utah State University, Logan, in 1963. He went on to receive his MS in Natural Resources Economics in 1965.
Black is a Natural Resources Consultant and Conservationist. He has worked as District Commissioner for Jasper County Soil Conservation. He is also past Director of the Jasper County Conservation Board.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Black has been appointed to these committees:
- Natural Resources & Environment Vice Chair
- Veterans Affairs
- Ways and Means
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Black served on these committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Black ran unopposed. 
|Iowa State Senate, District 21 (2010) General Election|
|Dennis Black (D)||13,517||52.3%|
|Joe Pirillo (R)||12,321||47.7%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 21 (2006)|
|Dennis Black (D)||13,486|
|Tim Morgan (R)||10,456|
In 2010, a year in which Black was up for re-election, he collected $131,418 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Hawaii State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dennis Black's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$39,699|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$5,991|
|Iowa Association Of Electric Cooperatives||$5,500|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$5,000|
|Brownell Iii, Frank||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$131,418|
In 2006 Black collected $129,131 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$19,458|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$7,215|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$6,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$4,250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dennis + Black + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Black and his wife, Faun Stewart, have three children.
- Sen. Black's Website
- Campaign Website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dennis Black
- Results for the November 2, 2010 general election, Iowa
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Politifi Profile
|Iowa Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|