|Iowa State Senate District 21|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Black earned his BS in Forest Management from Utah State University, Logan, in 1963. He went on to receive his MS in Natural Resources Economics in 1965.
Black is a Natural Resources Consultant and Conservationist. He has worked as District Commissioner for Jasper County Soil Conservation. He is also past Director of the Jasper County Conservation Board.
- Agriculture Committee, Iowa Senate
- Environment & Energy Independence Committee, Iowa Senate
- Natural Resources Committee, Iowa Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa Senate
|Iowa State Senate, District 21 (2006)|
|Dennis Black (D)||13,486|
|Tim Morgan (R)||10,456|
In 2006 Black collected $129,131 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$19,458|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$7,215|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$6,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$4,250|
Black and his wife, Faun Stewart, have three children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Dennis Black
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- ↑ 2006 Iowa Election Results
- ↑ 2006 Money Raised, Iowa Candidates
- ↑ 2006 Contributions to Dennis Black
|Iowa Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|